Hello Full Potential Beings.
It’s another beautiful day to be alive.
There’s new projects starting. New ideas. A new blank canvas to make change.
There’s a lot of changes happening in my life right now, with core relationships in transition. I tried to maintain an open relationship of sorts with three different beautiful women and it seems I keep coming back to a similar issue of them wanting to be the only one.
I’d like to explore today the benefits of both closed (monogamous) and open (polyamorous) structures to simply give some more perspective on why one (such as myself), would even seek to explore open relationships.
Closed relationships involve two people who are committed to each other exclusively. The benefits of a closed relationship can include:
- Increased Trust: In a closed relationship, partners can develop a deep sense of trust and security, knowing that they are the only ones for each other.
- Emotional Intimacy: A closed relationship can provide a safe space for emotional vulnerability and connection, where partners can share their deepest thoughts and feelings with each other.
- Shared Goals: A closed relationship often involves a shared vision of the future, with goals and dreams that are built together.
Open relationships involve individuals who are free to explore connections with multiple partners. The benefits of an open relationship can include:
- Increased Variety: An open relationship can provide opportunities to explore different types of connections and experiences, leading to increased variety and novelty.
- Personal Growth: An open relationship can challenge individuals to confront their own insecurities and boundaries, leading to personal growth and self-discovery.
- Community Building: Open relationships can provide opportunities to build a community of like-minded individuals who value diverse relationship structures and support each other’s growth and exploration.
I definitely notice myself giving the exploration of variety and novelty a high value in my life. And it sometimes seems foolish to me that I would sacrifice deep intimacy and love for novelty alone. It seems I am looking for the complete package.
Balancing the Benefits:
While closed and open relationships offer unique benefits, it’s important to note that they are not mutually exclusive. You could have a hybrid of the two. Many people may find that a combination of both structures can provide a healthy and fulfilling relationship dynamic. This can involve setting boundaries and expectations upfront, being honest and transparent with all parties involved, and prioritizing clear communication and mutual respect.
Ultimately, the key to a successful relationship is finding a structure that feels fulfilling for all parties involved. This may involve challenging assumptions and exploring new possibilities, while also honoring individual needs and boundaries. Communication is so key in all of this! And having the courage to remain committed to what feels like your most authentic truth.
Whether you choose a closed, open, or hybrid relationship structure, remember that the most important factor is mutual respect and a commitment to honest communication and personal growth.
What do you think?
I’d love to get your thoughts here or in an email of what’s working for you and why? Have you ever tried an open relationship? What worked and what didn’t? How do you feel about this topic in general?
Vision: To create a self-sustaining paradise on earth where individuals and communities thrive in interconnected eco-villages, transcending the ‘monkey mind’ and connecting deeply with their true selves and the environment. Through the power of optimization, we aim to elevate every facet of life, ensuring a prosperous, fulfilling, and harmonious existence for all.